The concept of precast or prefabricated concrete construction includes those buildings where the majority of structural components are standardized and produced in plants in a location away from the building, and then transported to the site for assembly.
These components are manufactured by industrial methods based on mass production in order to build a large number of buildings in a short time at low cost. The main features of this construction process are the division and specialization of the human workforce & the use of tools, machinery, and other equipment, usually automated, in the production of standard, interchangeable parts and products.
Many countries used various precast building systems during the second half of the 20th century to provide low-income housing for the growing urban population. They were very popular after the Second World War, especially in Eastern European countries and former Soviet Union republics.
If concrete were to be invented today, it would be hailed as a miracle. It is themost commonly used building material in the world and because of that we take it for granted. Too often this means that we overlook the nearly limitless possibilities offered by precast concrete components.Precast concrete is the ideal solution for your next prefabricated home project.
Some of the major advantages are:
- Precast concrete provides durability, flexibility, and versatility both in the design and construction stages of the project.
- Precast concrete homes and building have great fire ratings and often eliminate the costly process of fireproofing.
- Concrete construction is extremely fast, and very durable.
- Buildings can be erected in any weather condition including harsh winters.
- Concrete, prefabricated buildings have great fire ratings, are very sound, and versatile.
Other Benefits include:
- Zero Wood
- Hurricane & Tornado Safe
- No water damage
- No mold, mildew & termites Cozy & Quiet
- Built to last a lifetime
- Energy efficient
- Cool in summers
- Warm in winters
- Almost zero maintenance
- Lower premiums on home owners insurance
- Environmentally friendly as built with Green Technology
- Affordable rock solid investment