Getting your own home for you and your family is now easy --Things you need to know!
Important information for potential customers.
The need for families in towns and cities in Papua New Guinea to have their own homes is massive. Most working class people from both the private businesses and government sectors are either living with their families or renting cheap houses with run-down facilities in the squatter settlements (slums). Most of us in Papua New Guinea find it difficult to buy our own homes due to the high prices of homes currently in the market.
If you want a cheap and quality home, look no further than DRM Investments Limited. They are a Canadian company who have built homes in countries world-wide including the Caribbean Islands, who have similar weather and climate conditions to us.
DRM specialises in modular homes that are prefabricated and can be shipped to customers anywhere in the world.
Here are some points to note about modular homes:
- Modular homes are constructed in a very short period of time
- Customer can build their own houses – following the plans by DRM to build
- Affordable Turnkey Starter Houses with white appliances solar systems and other great accessories.
- The houses are strong and can withstand natural disasters like hurricanes
- Eco-friendly – solar panels are also supplied to save cost on main grid electricity
RECOMMENDED TURNKEY HOUSE:
There are many DRM Turnkey Homes on the market but the one I recommend is the Turnkey Starter Home which is one of DRM’s cheapest and quality products. It’s called Turnkey Home because everything (except the land) is supplied. All you need to do is assemble the house, turn your key to unlock and enter your new home.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT DRM TURNKEY STARTER HOME:
- Cost US$ 28000 to US$35000 CIF to Port Moresby
- Shipped in 40 foot container, takes 4 – 6 weeks to Papua New Guinea
- Contains 2x large bedrooms and spacious kitchen, dining and living room areas
- Easy to build by following DRM plan (foundation & installation cost not included)
- All materials for complete house are prefabricated and supplied
- All electrical wirings accessories supplied (only to connect to mains)
- All plumbing accessories supplied (only to connect to mains)
- All kitchen goods supplied
- All bathroom accessories supplied
- Solar panel supplied for hot water system (if you wish to power your home with solar, you will need to pay a little extra)
NOTE: Customers who wish to have more than 2x bedrooms or other specifications can make a request through their agent about their floor plan specification.
Modular Home Construction in Papua New Guinea by DRM
LAND PURCHASE ARRAGEMENTS:
Currently DRM Investment Ltd can only sell complete houses through their Papua New Guinea agents. Probably if the demand here for their products is high, they may consider setting up in Papua New Guinea and build and sell homes plus land package.
However, those without land or block may negotiate with responsible government agency or even with reputable customary landowners who may charge around K15, 000 to K50, 000 for a decent size block.
Be careful when dealing with landowners as some may cheat you! So only deal with reputable landowners.
Check with your local banks like BSP, Kina Bank, Westpac, etc for their terms on acquiring Home Loans. For example, BSP provides 4% loan repayment – under the “First Home Ownership Scheme”.
If everything goes well with you in terms of land and finance, you can purchase your home now. You and your agent will make the first 50% payment to DRM to secure and organise your house. Then the remaining 50% is made to complete the payment and for shipment to Papua New Guinea. It takes about 4 – 6 weeks for the container shipment to arrive in Port Moresby.
Find out more...
Oceania Modular Prefabricated Homes