DRM Prefab Homes come as an answer to Haiti's Housing crisis
Haiti's need for a permanent housing solution
Located in the Caribbean Sea, Haiti is one of the most amazing Caribbean islands where even under crippling poverty, resilience is brightly shown in the smile of every human being.
With a growing population of about 11 million inhabitants for a total of 27 700 square meters, Haiti needs a more reasonable approach to meet the urbanization challenges they face as a nation. This view is reinforced by the World Bank's statistics showing that more than 55% of Haiti’s population concentrates in urban areas.
Due to the authorities’ lack of capacity to enforce the laws, houses are generally built with heavy materials such as cement blocks and concrete while building code is rarely respected. Furthermore, such building techniques are time-consuming. This outdated construction method also requires massive labor as well as supervision costs, while resulting in lower quality.
The raging cost of building materials makes it even more difficult for families to afford a decent over their heads. As a result, some families can take more than 5 years to build a half-finished house of bad quality.
A parallel issue that adds up to Haiti's housing problem is the inadequate power system, a downgraded and badly maintained power network that is not capable guarantee constant power supply to the citizens. As a consequence, the electrical shortage is one of the biggest nightmares which the general population is struggling with. This situation, as a result, forces many families to look for alternative solutions to cover their additional electrical needs, which translates into costly secondary power sources, thus in most cases, the dream of a family home and a peaceful life becomes even more distant and certainly less affordable.
DRM Prefab Homes as a complete solution
DRM Investments brings the dream back for the citizens of Haiti. We have specifically developed Housing Solutions to meet this exact type of needs. DRM Prefab Homes can be built in a very short period of time and at such cost that is affordable for everyone, thus giving the opportunity to families to obtain their own home and access to a better and safer living standard that can greatly improve their lives.
DRMPrefab Homes come in a variety of designs and sizes and for any budget. However, regardless of the type/size/design/budget, each home solution adhere to the following specifications:
- Cost-effective: apart from all the appliances that it comes with such as stove boiler, fridge, microwave…, the system is about 30% cheaper than the traditional way of building in Haiti
- Timely efficient: this is a system that can be built in 15 days, which means 6 to 8 times more rapid than the regular construction system.
- Disaster-proof: the DRM system has been thoroughly tested and validated in a different context as one of the most effective housing systems that withstand all kinds of natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, fire, etc...
- Sound-proof: the technology used is one of the most effective
- Environmentally sound: It will seriously contribute to the reduction of environmental degradation caused by deforestation, depletion of natural resources and pollution
- Electrically independent: every unit comes with its autonomous solar system that will help reduce the daunting cost of electricity while enjoying life with your family.
- High quality: DRM uses only high-quality materials and appliance, which means you’ll enjoy more for less
Find out more:
DRM Prefabricated Solutions Contact DRM Investments LTD
Local Haiti Agent:
Directeur Yvon Services Immobiliers